JAHSENA: Cemetery History Tour
On May 26, 1907, Abraham Cristall, Edmonton’s first Jewish citizen purchased the land which still serves as the Edmonton Jewish Cemetery to this day.
The cemetery fence and gates were designed and made by Leib Agranov, who formerly worked as Blacksmith to the Czar. He embellished them with beautiful fruits, birds and flowers, which can still be seen today.
The original chapel was built in 1935 and was used until it became too small and in 1963 a much larger chapel was built.