About the Edmonton & District Historical Society
The Edmonton and District Historical Society (EDHS) is a non-profit, charitable society with a mandate to promote, preserve, and celebrate the history of Edmonton and the surrounding district. We’ve been around since 1907. We began as the seat of the Historical Society of Alberta (HSA). When the HSA was reorganized in 1958, Edmonton became the Amisk Waskahegan Chapter of the HSA. We were renamed the Edmonton and District Historical Society, incorporated as an independent society, on October 1, 1991.
Generations of Edmontonians have embraced the past through our speaker series, historic festival, publications, tours and special events.
How to Get Involved
There are a number of ways you can get involved with the Edmonton and District Historical Society.
- Become a member of the Society.
- You can attend our speakers series, special events, or annual festival.
- Follow us on social media: facebook, twitter, linkedin and instagram.
- Contact us about making a donation to help support the work of the Society.
- If you’re interested in volunteering, please contact us to discuss potential opportunities.
- Help spread the word about who we are and what we do!
Are you a representative of a community organization? Our membership is passionate about heritage issues. We are part of a network of supporters, advocates, and allies. We are open to partnering with other organizations that share our goals.
- Partners can support EDHS by providing information about who EDHS is and promoting our events and programs. EDHS can do the same for our partners.
- EDHS may have the ability to provide support to local historic projects and can support other organizations through advocacy.
BOARD AND STAFF MEMBERS
President: Kelsey Kendrick
Past President: -vacant-
Vice-President: James Klassen
Treasurer: Sabrina Lali
Director: Cadence Bergman
Director: Brett Lamoureux
Director: Owais Siddiqui
Director: Maggie Bodnar
Director: Marina Power
Director: Sophie Gareau-Brennan
Director: Taylor Haugen
Director: Matthew Olson
Because we are a volunteer-run organization, we do not have regular office hours or a person answering the phone. If you contact us by phone, please be prepared to leave a voice mail message and we will return your call as soon as possible.