Historical Speaker Series
From September through April, we offer a monthly public Speaker Series. Come and find out something fascinating that you never knew, or learn more about something that’s always interested you. The speakers are local historians, authors, heritage specialists, and community members, who present on a variety of topics of historical interest. Most Speaker Series presentations are held in the Old Timers Cabin, at 9430 – 99 Street, Edmonton, and are free to attend.
See our events page for more information on upcoming speakers.
In order to keep participants safe, we’re instituting a number of new protocols:
- Pre-registration will now be required, to ensure we remain under 50 people.
- As per current City bylaw, masks will be required.
- Hand sanitiser will be available for people to use as they arrive.
- The hall will be set up with physical distancing in mind.
- Upon arrival attendees will be checked in by a board member or volunteer, rather than signing in themselves.
- There will no longer be food or drink served after the speaker.
Given the limited number of tickets available, we will be exploring live streaming of the events so people can participate virtually. Details on how to register and how to attend virtually will be provided in the individual event pages.
Before the speaker, please review the following checklist. If you answer YES to any of the questions, you should not attend. We ask that let us know that you won’t be able to make it so we can open up that space.
- Do you have any of the below symptoms:
- Fever (greater than 30C)
- Shortness of breath (difficulty breathing)
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Have you, or anyone in your household, travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days?
- Have you, or anyone in your household, been in contact in the past 14 days with anyone being investigated for Covid-19, or with a confirmed case of Covid-19?
- Have you been scheduled for a Covid-19 test, or are you awaiting results of a recent Covid-19 test?
- Have you tested positive for Covid-19 within the past 10 days?
- Are you generally feeling unwell?